Whether you’ve been separated for 48 hours or 48 days, dealing with Valentines days after ending a serious relationship can’t be easy. No need to worry though. Now more than ever this is your time to strive for your thinking to be consistently positive. Here are a few ideas about how to find the silver lining in your V-Day that may have started off a bit cloudy.
1. Be happy that you don’t have a reason to participate in yet another way for businesses to take advantage of our cultural obsession with consumption.
2. Be happy the relationship ended before Valentine’s Day. Chances are your break up didn’t happen out of the blue. If you take a moment to reflect, you just may realize that things were likely on the rocks. Who would want to go through another V-Day celebrating a love that is, as fate may have had it, slated to end soon?
3. If you were in a relationship that was a bit shaky or one you know you shouldn’t have been in, now is not the time to mourn lost love but to honor and celebrate the love you have for yourself.
4. There are millions of other single people out there and just maybe one of them will be inspired to find true love this year so that their V-Day next year isn’t the same. If you focus on your future and not your past, you just might bump into that special someone. Keep your eyes and heart open!
5. Valentine’s Day is one day out of the entire year. You don’t need to be concerned about someone being beside you for that single day. Watch your mindsets and stay positive. Before you know it you’ll find someone who will love you sincerely every day of the entire year because that’s exactly what you deserve.